Description:Kasír, alias Oisín Walsh, Aske Fuglsang Ruhe and Rune Cygan Barslund,
Three youngsters - 17-19 years old - are going for it!
Oisín - Eckerman bodhrán
Rune - Borsini Accordion & Colin Goldie Overton whistles
Aske - Martin Guitar, Moon octave mandolin, Kasuga mandolin
Guest Jamie McClennan - fiddle (the Scottish Emily Smith's band)
Rune and Aske have played since they were 6 years old and still receive tuition today. They have both a professional music career as a goal. Rune attends MGK (Musical Ground Course) and intends applying for the music academy in Odense and specialising in folk music. Aske attends a musical boarding school in Klejtrup and intends later on applying for the Music Academy in Arhus or Copenhagen.
Oisín has had tuition from the internationally renowned bodhran player, Svend Kjeldsen, since he was 7 years old, and whose aim is, like Rune and Aske, a professional music career.
Kasír have been in Presshouse Studio in England in October 2005, where they have recorded this, their debut album "Reel Irish" with producer Mark Tucker. He has also produced for such world-renowned groups as Fairport Convention, Flook, Paperboys and Portishead.
1. Drowsy Maggie / Silver Spear (Trad.)
2. Running for the Bus / A Cut in my Ear (Rune Cygan Barslund)
3. P. J. Kings* / The Shannon jig / Micky Quinn's (Trad. / *P. J. Kings)
4. Fiddle Player (Aske Fuglsang Ruhe & Rune Cygan Barslund)
5. Killavil jig / The Cicada / The Paper Bird (Trad. / Jamie McClennan / Diarmaid Moynihan)
6. Karlsson / The Swedish Moose (Aske Fuglsang Ruhe)
7. Trip to Devon / Mileva Ruchenitza (Rune Cygan Barslund / Ivan Milev)
8. Moonrise (Aske Fuglsang Ruhe & Rune Cygan Barslund)
9. Jig Gan Ainm / Rose in the Heather / The Castlebar Races (Trad.)
10. Frank's Reel / Trip to the Bronx (John McCusker)
GO' Danish Folk Music